Woven geotextile fabric is made of PP and PP flat yarn. Woven polypropylene geotextile is composed of at least two groups of parallel yarns (or flat yarn). One group is called warp along the longitudinal direction of the loom (the direction of the fabric moving), and the other group is called weft.
The warp and weft are interwoven into cloth shape by different weaving equipment and technology. Woven geotextile membrane has different thickness and density according to different range of use.
Generally, the woven geotextile fabric has relatively strong tensile strength and good stability.
Just like the non-woven geotextiles,woven geotextile has many fanctions.
- Reinforcement: it is used for road, railway, airport, stone dam, breakwater, retaining wall backfill, side dam and other rock engineering. It can disperse soil stress to increase soil modulus, limit soil sliding and improve stability.
- Protection function: to prevent the bank from being scoured by wind, wave, tide and rain, and to protect the bank, slope, bottom and prevent water and soil loss.
- Reverse filtering: it is used for filtering layer of embankment, dam, river and coastal stone rapids, soil slopes and retaining walls to prevent sand particles from passing through, while allowing water or air to pass freely.
Precautions for installation and construction of PP woven geotextile:
- Geotextile can only be cut with geotextile knife (hook knife). If it is cut in the site, special protection measures shall be taken for other materials to prevent unnecessary damage caused by cutting geotextile;
- At the same time of laying black woven geotextile, all necessary measures must be taken to prevent damage to the next layer of material;
- When laying the high strength woven geotextile, care must be taken not to let the stone, a large amount of dust or water and other substances that may damage the geotextile, block the drainage channel or filter screen, or cause difficulties to the next connection enter the bottom of the geotextile or geotextile;
- After the installation, visual inspection shall be carried out on the surface of all woven geotextile filter fabric to determine the main site of all damages, mark and repair, and make sure that there is no foreign matter such as broken needle on the surface of the paving that can cause damage;
- The connection of geotextile must follow the following regulations: under normal conditions, there should be no horizontal connection on the slope (the connection must not intersect with the contour of the slope), except for the place of repair.
- if the suture is used, the suture shall be made of the same or more materials as the geotextile, and the suture shall be made of materials resistant to chemical ultraviolet. There shall be obvious color difference between suture and geotextile for inspection.
- Pay special attention to the stitching during installation to ensure that no gravel in the soil or gravel overburden enters the middle of the polyethylene woven geotextile fabric.
There are many differences between woven geotextile and nonwoven geotextiles.But they both have many same functions.