Geotextile, also known as geotextile fabric, is a permeable geosynthetic material made of synthetic fibers by needling or knitting. Geotextile cloth is one of the new geosynthetics. The finished product is cloth like, with a general width of 4-6m and a length of 50-100m.
Geotextiles have many types.According to their materials,geotextile membrane can be devided to PP geotextile film and PET geotextile.According to their fiber length,they can be devided to staple fiber staple fiber nonwoven geotextile and filament non woven geotextile.According to the technology, geotextiles are divided into geotextiles woven and non-woven geotextiles.
Characteristic of geo textile:
- High tensile strength. Due to the use of plastic fiber, it can maintain full strength and elongation under dry and wet conditions.
- Corrosion resistance, geotextile filter fabric in different pH of soil and water can be long-term corrosion resistance.
- The water permeability is good because there is a gap between the fibers, so it has good water permeability.
- Good anti microbial property will not damage microorganism and moth.
- The construction is convenient. Because the material is light and soft, it is convenient to transport, lay and construct.
- Complete specifications: width up to 9 meters. It is the widest product in China, unit area quality: 100-1000g / m2
Effect of geotextile:
The construction materials with different physical properties are isolated by using staple fiber needle punched geotextile. Make two or more materials not to be lost or mixed, maintain the overall structure and function of materials, and strengthen the carrying capacity of structures.
2: Filtration (reverse filtration)
When the water flows from the fine soil layer to the coarse soil layer, the geotextile driveway fabric has good permeability and water permeability, which makes the water flow through, and effectively intercepts the soil particles, fine sand, small stones, etc., so as to maintain the stability of the water and soil engineering.
Geotextile drainage fabric has good water conductivity, which can form drainage channels inside the soil and discharge the excess liquid and gas in the soil structure.
In order to improve the quality of soil mass, the tensile strength and deformation resistance of soil mass are enhanced by using geotextile materials, and the stability of building structure is enhanced.
When the water flow scours the soil, it can effectively diffuse, transfer or decompose the concentrated stress, prevent the soil from being damaged by the external force, and protect the soil.
6: Puncture prevention
Combined with the geomembrane, the composite waterproof and anti-seepage material plays the role of anti puncture.
(1) Geotextile mat is used as reinforcement in backfill of retaining wall or for anchoring the panel of retaining wall. Construction of wrapped retaining walls or abutments.
（2） Strengthen the flexible pavement, repair the cracks on the road, and prevent the reflection cracks on the road.
(3) Geotextile membrane non woven increase the stability of gravel slope and reinforced soil to prevent soil erosion and freeze damage of soil at low temperature.
(4) Isolation layer between ballast and subgrade, or between subgrade and soft subgrade.
(5) Isolation layer between artificial fill, rockfill or material field and foundation, and isolation between different frozen soil layers. Anti filtration and reinforcement.
(6) The filter layer of the upstream dam surface at the initial stage of the ash storage dam or tailings dam, and the filter layer of the drainage system in the backfill of the retaining wall.
(7) The filter layer around the drainage pipe or gravel drainage ditch.
(8) The filter of a well, relief well, or baroclinic pipe in hydraulic engineering.
(9) The separation layer of geotextile between the road, airport, railway, artificial rockfill and the foundation.
(10) Geotextile fabric for french drain used for vertical or horizontal drainage inside the earth dam is buried in the soil to dissipate the pore water pressure.
(11) Drainage behind impervious geomembrane or under concrete cover in earth dam or embankment.
(12) The seepage around the tunnel shall be eliminated to reduce the external water pressure on the lining and the seepage around the buildings.
(13) Drainage of the foundation of the artificial fill ground playground.
(14) Highway (including temporary road), railway, embankment, earth rock dam, airport, playground and other projects are used to strengthen weak foundation.
Geotextile fibric is a very important geosythetics in many applications.