Do you have doubts about what a geotextile mesh is and what use can you make of it? Could you tell us what are geotech fabric main characteristics? Today we have proposed to make a small “remember” on the subject and share with you everything you need to know about geotextile meshes. In addition, we tell you how you can use them on a large scale or for smaller professional projects.
As we have told you on several occasions, a geotextile mesh is a textile material made from polypropylene fibers. This material has a series of characteristics that make it perfect for its application as a reinforcement, separation, drainage and protection element;
CHARACTERISTICS OF GEOTEXTILE MAT:
Thanks to its properties, a geo fabric mesh fulfills more than one function during its use. But first, we remind you what are the main characteristics of this material:
A geotextile mesh has a high resistance to phenomena such as tearing, punching, drilling or blowout.
Durability. The useful life of a geotextile geotech fabric mesh is usually very high since it keeps its properties almost intact, despite the passage of time or the incidence of chemical, biological or physical agents.
Geotextile Nonwoven meshes offer a very high permeability since they facilitate the transmission of fluids without seeing their internal structure or composition altered.
Breaking strength The geotextiles have a great capacity of firmness in the face of possible situations that may incur possible material breakage.
Slightly deformable. Just as the materials that make up a geotextile mesh have great strength to prevent breakage, they are also products that do not suffer deformations and maintain almost all of their state of origin.
The scope of a geotextile geo fabric mesh is very diverse and varied, thanks to all the benefits of this material. From large infrastructures, to smaller-scale uses for orchards, gardens or green roofs; for example. Next, we review some of the most frequent applications.
USE OF LARGE SCALE GEOTEXTILE MESH:
Geotextile meshes can be used in large civil or public infrastructure projects. This is due to the innumerable advantages they provide and the great properties they present and which we have mentioned in the previous point. Thus, we will see some examples of how we can establish the large-scale use of a geotextile mesh, what they contribute and what their advantages are.
- Geotextile fabric driveway on roads.
- Delays the appearance of cracks or possible cracks in the pavement.
- Firm reinforcement.
- Asphalt drainage.
- Separate the different types of land, to keep the intact properties of each of them.
- Filter the water and avoid possible flooding by rains or floods.
2.Geotextile mesh in tunnels.
- Waterproofing inside the tunnel.
- Protection and resistance to ground punching.
- Sewer system. It avoids the effect of the pressure that can cause the thrust of the water on the vault of the tunnel.
3.Geotextile stabilization fabric on railways.
- Protection against possible deformations caused by trains and goods transport vehicles.
- Reinforcement of the track and its bearing capacity.Both woven geotextile and nonwoven geotextile is okay.
- Drainage and filtration.
4.Geotechnical fabric in ponds.
- Protection of the geomembrane, a fundamental element in the construction of ponds or even natural pools.
- Water filtering.
- Separation of the various types of elements.
5.Permeable geotextile fabric in landfills and rafts.
- Reinforcement of the land and waterproofing against the performance of the chemical substances that generate waste.
- Aggregate separating agent
- Geomembrane protection
GEOTEXTILE MESH FOR PROFESSIONALS:
On a smaller scale, the use of geotextile fabric mesh is also essential in gardens, orchards and even in so-called green roofs. Likewise, many specialists in landscaping projects already take them into account. In this sense, they are mainly used as anti-weed or weed elements. Thus, more and more people are betting on the use of geotextiles in order to make the most of the benefits they can bring in these types of projects. Do you want to meet them?
They reinforce the soil, without impeding the passage of water or the necessary nutrients in the life cycle of plants.
They manage to keep weeds below the surface, largely preventing them from growing and making a dent in your crops.
A geotextile mesh has a high resistance to ultraviolet light, so it is not affected by the effects of the sun during a period that can range between 6 months and 5 years depending on the needs of each project.
Durability above 25 years in covered places such as greenhouses or up to 5 years in case of being free