What is geogrid? What’s geogrid for road stabilization ?Maybe many friends have doubts. Geogrid ｍat is a kind of polymer net material with square and rectangle formed by stretching.
According to its stretching direction, it can be divided into unidirectional stretching and biaxial stretching.
For highway, railway, embankment, abutment, approach road, wharf, revetment, flood control embankment, dam, beach treatment, freight yard, slag yard, airport, playground, environmental protection building and other soft soil foundation reinforcement, reinforcement, increase the shear tensile strength, retaining wall, slope protection and pavement crack resistance.
The role of Geogrid laying in subgrade :
- Increase the bearing capacity of subgrade and extend the service life of subgrade.
- Prevent the road from collapsing or cracking, and keep the ground beautiful and tidy.
- It can effectively prevent the transmission of seismic force and play an important role in strengthening the seismic stiffness, strength and stability of embankment.
- Reduce cushion thickness and cost.
- Construction is convenient, time-saving, labor-saving, shorten the construction period, reduce maintenance costs.
Types of geogrid we use in road construction:
Fiberglass geogrid is a kind of net structure material which is made of glass fiber roving without alkali and twistless. In order to protect the glass fiber and improve the overall performance, the new excellent geogrid fabric for roads is formed by special coating process.
The main components of glass fiber are: silica, which is inorganic material, its physical and chemical properties are very stable, and it has high strength, high modulus, high wear resistance and excellent cold resistance, no long-term creep;
- Good thermal stability;
- The mesh structure makes the aggregate lock and limit;
- Improve the bearing capacity of asphalt mixture. Because of the special modified asphalt coated on the surface, it has double composite properties, both the excellent properties of glass fiber and the compatibility with asphalt mixture, which greatly improves the wear resistance and shear resistance of geogrid.
How to install Geogrid mesh:
- The particle size of the filler on the upper and lower sides of the geogrid and within 8 cm from the grid layer shall not be greater than 6 cm.
- Site leveling: lay 50cm thick sandstone gravel or sand (gravel) gravel cushion on the surface, and compact.
- Fill – fill shall be placed within 48 hours after the grating is laid. Each layer of filling shall be carried out symmetrically according to the principle of “first two sides, then the middle”. It is strictly prohibited to fill the middle of embankment first. It is not allowed to unload the filler directly on the geogrid. It must be unloaded on the paved soil surface, and the unloading height is not more than 1m.
- According to the designed position, lay the grid along the subgrade direction. When laying the grid, pay attention to the smooth connection and straightening between the grids.
- The longitudinal and transverse joints of the geogrid can be connected as a whole by nylon rope or polyester thread or U-nail. The overlapping width between the geogrids shall not be less than 20cm. When laying, the geogrid shall be straightened by hand to make it smooth and even. The paved geogrid shall be fixed on the ground with hook nails every 1.5-2.0m.